HC rejects Minni’s bail plea
Published 9:33 pm | August 08, 2019
News Desk : The High Court has rejected the bail petition filed by the lawyers of Aysha Siddika Minni in a case filed over the killing of her husband Rifat Sharif.
An HC bench of Justice Sheikh Md Zakir Hossain and Justice Md Mostafizur Rahman passed the order today.
Meanwhile, the HC stated that the court can issue a rule seeking explanation as to why she (Minni) won’t be granted bail but it can’t grant her bail right now.
The court said that they have to examine the confessional statement of the accused in the case.
On August 6, the HC deferred till Thursday the hearing on her bail petition. Mozammel Hossain, father of Minni, filed a petition with the court on August 5.
Police arrested Minni on July 16 over the murder of her husband and she was denied bail several times. She reportedly confessed to her involvement in the murder before the court on July 19.
On July 31, Minni filed a petition with a Barguna court seeking withdrawal of her confessional statement over the murder.
On June 26, Rifat, 23, was hacked indiscriminately by a group of miscreants in front of his wife in broad daylight on the premises of Barguna Government College. He died on the way to hospital.
- Why Minni should not be granted bail: HC
- HC issues rule over domestic flight fare
- HC order on Robi’s plea over row with BTRC Thursday
- Khaleda denied bail in Comilla arson case
- HC bins writ challenging oath-taking by newly-elected MPs
- HC scraps Khaleda’s writ against cancelling nomination papers
- HC enhances Khaleda’s jail term in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case
- Minni freed on bail in Rifat murder case
- HC for giving families of 5 road crash victims Tk 1 lakh each
- BDR carnage case: HC confirms death for 139
- HC rejects Sohel Rana’s bail plea in graft case
- HC orders removal of 52 substandard food products from market
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from nikahnama
- HC orders ban on antibiotics sale without prescription
দৈনিক সময় সংবাদ ২৪ ডট কম সংবাদের কোনো সংবাদ, তথ্য, ছবি,আলোকচত্রি, ভিডিওচিত্র, অডিও কনটেন্ট কপিরাইট আইনে র্পূব অনুমতি ছাড়া ব্যবহার করা সর্ম্পূণ বেআইনি। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে যে কোন কমেন্সের জন্য কর্তৃপক্ষ দায়ী নয়।