Police detain 14 Rohingyas in Chattogram
News Desk : Lohagara Police detained, on Tuesday, 14 Rohingya men who allegedly fled from refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar. Officer-in-charge of Lohagara Police Station Md Saiful Islam confirmed that they detained the men during a drive in Lohagara upazila.
He said: “The Rohingyas fled the camps in Ukhiya upazila and came to Lohagara. They used to work as day labourers. It is unclear when they escaped from the camps.
Bangladesh is currently hosting more than 1.2 million Rohingyas in Cox’s Bazar camps. Bangladesh and Myanmar signed a repatriation deal but there has been no apparent progress. Two voluntary repatriation attempts had to be halted as the Rohingyas did not show interest to go back to their homeland.
- Pabna OC suspended over victim’s forced marriage with rapist
- 3 killed as truck, pickup van collide in Rangpur
- BGB send back 146 Rohingyas
- UN officials for continuing int’l support for Rohingyas
- Future of more than 500,000 Rohingya refugee children is in the balance: UNICEF
- BGB destroys contraband worth Tk. 220 cr.
- Myanmar to take back 300 Rohingya refugees per day
- SSC examinee held with yaba in C’nawabganj
- Woman murdered after rape on moving bus in Tangail, 5 held
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- Rohingya woman detained at Shahjalal airport
- Indian couple held with arms in C’nawabganj
- PM to visit Rohingya refugee camps
- One held with $ 40,000 at Benapole