Mainul Hosein gets bail in defamation case
News Desk : A Dhaka court has granted bail to former caretaker government adviser barrister Mainul Hosein in a defamation case filed by journalist Masuda Bhatti. Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Tofazzol Hossain today granted the bail on bond Tk 5,000.
Earlier on September 3, Barrister Mainul surrendered before the same court and sought bail. However, the court sent him to jail.
Bhatti filed the case against Mainul on October 21, 2018, as he called her a person of loose morals on a live television talk show as the journalist raised question on his suspicious political moves.
Barrister Mainul was arrested earlier regarding the incident and came out of jail after securing bail from the High Court.
- Barrister Mainul sent to jail in defamation case
- Arrest warrants for Tarique, two journalists
- Khaleda presents closing arguments in Zia Orphanage graft case
- DIG Prisons Partha sent to jail
- Govt has a blue print to keep me away from politics: Khaleda Zia
- Former OC of Sonagazi Moazzem held in capital
- Three placed on 4-day remand over Badda lynching
- ACC sues Faridpur’s SP, his wife on graft charges
- Khaleda enters old central jail
- HC rejects Sohel Rana’s bail plea in graft case
- Unrest over Khaleda’s graft case verdict will be met with stern actions: Home Minister
- 10 people sentenced to death in a case filed over an attempt to murder Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in Gopalganj
- RAB files 3 cases against GK Shamim
- HC upholds death for Noor, Tareque, 13 others for N’ganj 7-murder