ECNEC clears 12 development projects
Published 12:03 am | August 21, 2019
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today approved 12 development projects, including one for data centre protection, with an outlay of Taka 3,470 crore.
The approval came at the regular meeting of ECNEC held at the NEC conference room in city’s Sher-e-Banglanagar area with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Planning Minister M A Mannan, after the meeting, briefed the media on the outcome of the meeting. He said of the total project cost of Taka 3,470 crore, the government would provide Taka 3,163 crore while Taka 306.70 crore would come as project assistance.
Mannan said the BGD e-Gov CIRT project has been taken with a cost of Taka 146 crore to strengthen the protection capacity of the data centre from any cyber attack.
“Government’s important information has been stored at the data centre, while new information is being incorporated regularly and that is why the government has taken the project,” he added.
The other projects approved by the ECNEC were Network Expansion and Tidal Station Modernization of GNSS CORS (Taka 114.89 crore), Thanchi-Rimakri-Madak-Likri Road Construction Project (Taka 853 crore), Construction of Shalla-Jalsukha part of Sunamganj-Madanpur-Dirai-Shalla-Jalsukha-Azmiriganj-Habiganj Road (Taka 769 crore), Construction of Permanent Preventive RCC Retaining Wall at the different parts of the Road affected by Landslide in Rangamati (Taka 249 crore), Construction of Khulna Tax Building (Taka 71 crore), Revitalize and environmental equilibrium of Nabaganga River through Dredging and Rehabilitation of Madhumati-Nabaganga Sub-project (Taka 303 crore), Protection of Charfasion Pauro Town of Bhola District from the Erosion of Meghna River (Taka 277 crore), Protection of the Left Embankment of Meghna River from Barikandi to Dharabhanga under Nabinagar Upazila in Brahmanbaria (Taka 71 crore), Maximize the use of surface water and expansion of irrigation through preserving Rain Water in Natore (Taka 175 crore), Strengthening the Agriculture Marketing Department (Taka 160 Crore) and Adaptation of Coastal People, especially women, with the salinity caused by Climate Change (Taka 276 crore).
Ministers, secretaries and officials concerned were present at the meeting.
- ECNEC approves 15 projects worth Taka 17,987 crore
- ECNEC clears Sheikh Hasina Cantonment project in Barisal
- ECNEC clears 12 projects involving Tk 7,866cr
- ECNEC approves 12 projects with Taka 5,494 crore
- ECNEC approves 14 projects worth Taka 18,483 crore
- ECNEC approves Sheikh Hasina Nakshipalli, Jamalpur project
- ECNEC approves Taka 2,582 cr project for setting up Japanese Economic Zone
- ECNEC approves 13 projects with Taka 7,744.47cr
- ECNEC approves Taka 951-crore underground grid substation at Gulshan
- Ecnec nods to revised Padma Bridge Rail Link project
- ECNEC approves Taka 10,461 crore urea fertilizer factory in Polash
- ECNEC clears 10 projects involving Tk 6,326cr
- ECNEC approves Selected Madrasha Development Project with Tk 5,919cr
- 1.84pc ADP implemented in July
দৈনিক সময় সংবাদ ২৪ ডট কম সংবাদের কোনো সংবাদ, তথ্য, ছবি,আলোকচত্রি, ভিডিওচিত্র, অডিও কনটেন্ট কপিরাইট আইনে র্পূব অনুমতি ছাড়া ব্যবহার করা সর্ম্পূণ বেআইনি। সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যমে যে কোন কমেন্সের জন্য কর্তৃপক্ষ দায়ী নয়।