DIG Prisons Partha sent to jail
News Desk : A Dhaka court sent Deputy Inspector General of Prisons Partha Gopal Banik to jail in a graft case. Dhaka Metropolitan Session Judge KM Imrul Qayesh passed the order, scrapping a bail plea of the accused.
The prosecution had pleaded to keep him behind bars till the end of investigation, while many lawyers appearing for the disgraced prison official, argued for his bail. After hearing both the sides, the court sent Partha, 46, to jail.
Partha, who was working at Sylhet Central Jail, was shown arrested by Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on July 28 as it recovered TK 80 lakh from his North Green Road flat.
- Khaleda enters old central jail
- Three placed on 4-day remand over Badda lynching
- ACC nabs land official for taking bribe
- 2 smugglers held with 26 gold bars at Benapole
- Khulna 9 yr old murder: Death sentence for 4, including mother
- Former OC of Sonagazi Moazzem held in capital
- ACC sacks its one official, suspends another
- 10 jailed for drug peddling, abuse in Rajshahi
- Report in graft case against former CJ Sinha on July 1
- 5 BNP-JCD men jailed for attacking MP’s resident
- Attempt to kill 7-murder case PP daughter ‘by force-feeding her poison’
- Khaleda Zia gets division in jail: IG Prisons
- 21 people found involved in Holey Artisan attack: CCTC
- Five to die for murder in Kushtia