Awami League’s anti-dengue awareness campaign from July 31
News Desk : Awami League is set to organise a three-day anti-dengue awareness campaign across the country from July 31.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader made the announcement while addressing a press conference after a secretariat meeting of the party at the AL president’s Dhanmondi political office today.
He said: “Under the awareness programme, a countrywide cleanliness campaign will be conducted and leaflets will also be distributed.”
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said the government took dengue and flood control as a challenge. “With our united efforts, we will control dengue and minimize losses due to flood,” he said.
He said Awami League President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now on an official visit to the United Kingdom, joined today’s meeting through a video call and discussed different issues with party leaders for around 25 minutes.
Quader said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is constantly giving directives on every matter to prevent dengue. The government is working in a coordinated way to prevent the dengue outbreak, he added.
Asked about the death of a teenager in an ambulance on a ferry that delayed departure for a government official, Quader said the matter is being investigated.
If anybody is found guilty in this regard, action will be taken against him or her, he added.
- Quader for united efforts to control dengue
- AL candidates to get final nominations by tomorrow: Quader
- BNP out to hatch conspiracy centering quota movement: Quader
- AL local govt nomination board meeting tomorrow
- EC to hold dialogue with AL, BNP and JP in October
- PM for effective mosquito repellent to control dengue: Quader
- BNP has nothing to do but complaining against govt: Quader
- AL joint meeting to be held at Dhanmondi tomorrow
- Govt won’t interfere, if Khaleda gets bail : Quader
- Khaleda wants neutral govt for polls
- AL’s 70th founding anniversary tomorrow
- AL always comes to power in democratic way: Quader
- Quader asks AL men don’t do politics of vengeance
- People reject BNP for its negative politics: Quader